| Food Grade Diatomaceous Earth
What is Diatomaceous Earth? Check out a video on Diatomaceous Earth http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQn6GSHNzBE
Diatomaceous Earth and the Cancer Connection: Dr. Hulda Clark's book "Cure for All Cancers"
Read this article it is very informative especially to those battling cancer or know someone who is
The Diatomaceous Earth and Lupus Connection
How does Diatomaceous Earth work? Well diatomacoues earth is made of a diatoms (one-celled plants that collected minerals from the water to form a shell around it as it fossilized). These diatoms have a strong negative charge so as it works itself through the digestive tract and colon it attracts impurities, E-coli, metals and fungi and traps them in their honey comb shape and flushes them out of the body. D.E. also kills parasites/worms that exist in the body by physical action (not chemical as no immunity can be developed).
Did you know that all the waters of the Earth are inhabited by billions of Diatoms? These Diatoms are so small that one drop of water could contain hundreds. These tiny plants are the food supply for the higher forms of life in all the oceans and lakes around the world. Diatoms (Melosira Preiclandica) take the minerals from the water and build themselves a protective shell or skeleton. As they die, these shells sift to the bottom of the lake or ocean and over many eons build up large deposits that fossilize into chalk-like material. These deposits are called diatomaceous earth (DE) and man has discovered over 1500 uses for the material, which contains over 95% silica.
When we were young, our tissues soaked up and maintained high levels of silica - allowing our bodies to stay flexible, resilient, and energetic. Unfortunately, as we get older, our silica levels steadily drop. Also, attributing to decreased levels, is the lack of silica in our once plentiful soil. Our soil is now depleted due to industrialized farming and lack of crop rotation. If you would like to read more about our food and how the average meal gets to our plates read "The Omnivores Dilemma" by Michael Pollan.
Foods that once contained plenty of silica, such as alfalfa sprouts, beets, brown rice, root vegetables to name a few, no longer contain the amounts we need to maintain a healthy immune system. In fact, it has been suggested that silica supplementation may be a critical factor in helping us maintain a healthier, more youthful, and pain-free body. In addition, it may reduce the body's natural recovery time. Research shows that without sufficient silica, the body cannot sustain optimum skin elasticity, strong hair, nails teeth and gums. Silica enriches the strength and functioning of connective tissue and it is through connective tissue that nutrients are absorbed and wastes are expelled. When silica is in present in the tissues in ideal amounts, these developments happen effectively, so the tone of the tissues will be improved, with greater vitality and less toxins. Your skin will be better hydrated (as long as you are drinking plenty of clean water), your hair will have more luster and your nails will be stronger.
It is important to make sure what kind of silica you choose. It comes in many forms and from many sources. Alot of the silica supplements that are on the market today come in tablet form and are not easily absorbed by the body. It is necessary to secure a form that starts with highly purified mineral silica, is pH neutral and easily absorbed by the body. This is what Diatomaceous Earth is and does!
The typical human body holds roughly seven grams of silica, a quantity far exceeding the numbers for other key minerals such as iron. Both iron and silica are body essential, meaning they are necessary for carrying our ongoing metabolic processes that are vital to life. Both elements must be continuously supplied. With silica, strength and life, which often vanish as the years accumulate, can be naturally sustained or even restored to your body and skin.
Osteoporosis is an indicator of the aging process. As the calcium in our body structure leeches, our bones become brittle and weak. Using only a calcium supplement cannot remedy or stop this threatening and crippling disease because the body cannot absorb and make use of the calcium without the presence of Silica. Some data suggests that supplemental mineral calcium speeds up the leeching away of bone calcium and thus accelerates the degenerative process of osteoporosis and similar diseases that affect the connective tissues in the human body.
In the case of osteoporosis, Silica can alleviate the pain and may restore the body’s self repair process. Osteoporosis indicators attack women primarily after menopause, but the deterioration process starts much earlier in their younger days. Countless women are dying of fractures caused by osteoporosis compared with cancer of the breast, cervix and uterus combined.
There is so much information that can be conveyed here but let's get to the list of POSSIBLE benefits of DE
• Silica can hinder the effects of coronary disease by fortifying blood vessels.
• Silica aids in the repair and maintenance of vital lung tissue and defending them against pollution.
• Silica decreases swelling due to its positive effects on the lymphatic system.
• Silica assists in the prevention of kidney stones and heals infection of the urinary tract. It is a natural diuretic, which can encourage excretion by 30%.
• The presence of adequate Silica in the intestines will diminish inflammation of the intestinal tract. It can cause disinfection in the case of stomach and intestinal catarrh and ulcers.
• Silica can assist in normalizing hemorrhoidal tissue, while lessening lower back pain.
• Silica works as a supportive treatment for inflammation of the middle ear.
• Silica may normalize circulation and regulate high blood pressure.
• Silica can assist diabetes by encouraging synthesis of elastase (an enzyme) inhibitor by the pancreas.
• Silica delays the aging process.
• Silica beautifies hair with luster, elasticity and vigor.
• By taking part in the synthesis of elastin and collagen, Silica regenerates skin and the vascular walls.
• Silica may assist in the prevention of Alzheimer’s disease by inhibiting the body from absorbing aluminum and may flush our aluminum from the tissues.
* Silica fades age spots and stimulates metabolism for higher energy levels
* Reduces inflammation in bronchitis
* It acts as a cough decreasing agent. Silica tones the upper respiratory tract
* Silica (DE) supplementation and helps to prevent many unwanted side-effects of menopause
* Cancer cannot survive in cells that have the correct levels of Silica therefore it has been effective against colon cancers!
Suggested Amounts: Start with 1tsp/day and then increase to 1-3 tablespoons/day. Mix with water/juice/smoothie. Use on an empty stomach as it does its best work!!
Please know that Diatomaceous Earth is sold as an anti-caking agent and all the possible benefits are added bonus!